Suncare Community Service’s vision is “Making People’s Lives Better”. In 2020, the dynamic organisation celebrated an impressive 50 years of service and commitment to its vision; providing excellent home care for the aged and making their lives better via flexible, responsive services. Suncare’s 600 staff and volunteers provide valuable support and community connections.
The organisation’s focus on innovation includes initiatives such as:
- Launch of e-Wellbeing Hub – an online portal allowing employees to access wellbeing and mental health tools
- Activity Based Working and Flexible Work Environments – staff can choose where and when they work, based on individual tasks and timeframes
- ‘Suncare Digital’ that supports CHSP program participants by:
- Fitting them out with an appropriate device (iPad)
- Setting up a suite of relevant, suitable applications e.g. online shopping, engaging with family, personal support networks, translation apps
- Offering a supportive solution to ensure successful take-up and long-term engagement.
- Installing ‘talking’ microwaves for the vision impaired
- Fitting dementia clocks to alert and remind
- Vehicle modifications to continue self-driving