- This event has passed.
The Australian Government has announced funding for the Home Care Workforce Support Program over two years from 2021-22, which is targeted to support the aged care sector to increase the size of the personal care workforce. Additionally, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission have released a tender seeking assistance to develop and deliver an Aged Care Provider Governance Capability Program to the aged care sector from December 2021.
ACSA is very excited by these two opportunities and see it as a wonderful opportunity to provide further wrap around support for the industry.
We invite you to join ACSA Acting Executive Director Government & Public Affairs & State Manager, Derek Dittrich as he presents information about how we intend to proceed with the grants and ACSA’s position from a policy perspective. And encourage you to participate in this webinar to discuss these opportunities and to support our proposal.
Date: Wednesday 11 August 2021
Time: 12.30pm – 1:30pm AEST (12.00pm ACST, 10.30am AWST)
Format: Online (Zoom)
Registration: This is a free ACSA member event.
The objectives of the Home Care Workforce Support Program are to:
- support home care providers to attract, train and retain an additional 13,000 PCWs in order to support growing demand for consumer access to home care;
- assist new PCWs (e.g. students and new entrants) to receive the skills and training required to deliver quality aged care services;
- enhance the skills of the existing workforce to ensure better support for new PCWs to the home care workforce to help improve retention; and
- provide targeted support to aged care providers to promote consumer access to home care in rural and remote areas, this category could include residential aged care providers or other care services in those regions.
Information about the Home Care Workforce Support Program can be found HERE
The objective of the Aged Care Provider Governance Capability Program is to:
- improve the quality of care and services delivered to senior Australians by strengthening the corporate and clinical governance capability of governing bodies and senior leaders of approved providers of Australian Government subsidised residential and home aged care services.
Information about the Aged Care Provider Governance Capability Program HERE
Registrations for this event are now closed
Please contact the ACSA Events Team with any questions Events@acsa.asn.au
*Please note that Google Chrome is the best web browser to support this website
*Please use +/- to update ticket numbers
- Event Code