- This event has passed.
Life is a risky business and is an everyday occurrence.
When we welcome the elderly to live in our aged care homes, we have risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management at the forefront of our minds, whether we realise it or not.
We will explore the notion of risk, the responsibilities we have as care providers and the balance that we must take to allow people to live the lives they choose.
- Angela Scarlett, Senior Consultant/Nurse Advisor – Pride Living Group
Angela has executive, senior leadership, and chief nurse experience in both the acute and aged care sectors. Angela’s specialties include healthcare management, quality management, clinical governance, business acumen, education, change management and current board experience.
Angela is well versed in the current compliance and quality standards in aged care. She has presented at aged care forums and has undertaken education days for managers in aged care.
She is a registered nurse with 35+ years’ experience and her qualifications include a Master’s degree in Health Services Management, Bachelor of Educational Studies, and a Graduate Diploma in Health Education.
Session one (PCWs):
- Introducing the concept of early identification and management of risks as being an integral part of PCWs everyday role in aged care.
- The importance of the PCW’s role in risk management.
- The proposition that by getting to know the residents well, we can assist in early identification of ‘changes’ in a person that could indicate something is wrong.
- Reporting and documentation responsibilities.
- And how we partner with our residents to identify ways to manage their risks whilst living in residential aged care.
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is suitable for Personal Care Workers and Lifestyle Staff.
Tuesday 14th June 2022
|Time:||2:00pm -3:00pm AEST|
|Location:||Join from your phone, tablet or computer|
|Session Registration Fees||Book tickets to the session:|
ACSA/LASA Member: $75 per session
Non-Member: $99 per session
Group Ticket: (Minimum purchase of 3 tickets)
ACSA/LASA Member: $65 per session
Non-Member: $90 per session
- Event Code