Life is a risky business and is an everyday occurrence.
When we welcome the elderly to live in our aged care homes, we have risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management at the forefront of our minds, whether we realise it or not.
We will explore the notion of risk, the responsibilities we have as care providers and the balance that we must take to allow people to live the lives they choose.
- Angela Scarlett, Senior Consultant/Nurse Advisor – Pride Living Group
Angela has executive, senior leadership, and chief nurse experience in both the acute and aged care sectors. Angela’s specialties include healthcare management, quality management, clinical governance, business acumen, education, change management and current board experience.
Angela is well versed in the current compliance and quality standards in aged care. She has presented at aged care forums and has undertaken education days for managers in aged care.
She is a registered nurse with 35+ years’ experience and her qualifications include a Master’s degree in Health Services Management, Bachelor of Educational Studies, and a Graduate Diploma in Health Education.
Session three (Onsite management):
- Overview of risk with particular emphasis on resident risk.
- Standard 8 importance and risk management.
- Incident management, regulatory compliance and SIRs.
- Risk Management framework components examples.
- Reporting to Board…what they need to know.
- The importance of Continuous Improvement processes and how role modelling to staff can be the best educational tool you have in your kit.
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is suitable for Onsite Managers.
Tuesday 28th June 2022
|Time:||2:00pm -3:00pm AEST|
|Location:||Join from your phone, tablet or computer|
|Session Registration Fees||Book tickets to the session|
ACSA/LASA Member: $75 per session
Non-Member: $99 per session
Group Ticket: (Minimum purchase of 3 tickets)
ACSA/LASA Member: $65 per session
Non-Member: $90 per session
- Event Code