- This event has passed.
This webinar will provide aged care leaders with essential information to build their cyber security knowledge and capability. Once the domain of IT professionals, this webinar will demonstrate why cyber security is everyone’s responsibility and how Boards and Executives can mitigate risk and improve their organisation’s cyber security.
Presenters: Cyber security team, Virtual IT Group (VITG)
In 2021, ACSA members BlueCare were the victims of a major cyber-attack, along with other parts of the Uniting Church’s services in Queensland. This case study will be explored with examples from BlueCare’s lived experience of dealing with the attack.
Cyber security experts from Virtual IT Group (VITG) will take participants through:
- Definition of cybercrime
- What does the cybercrime landscape in Australia look like – types of cyber-attacks, numbers of businesses impacted, losses to business
- Gone phishing – what is a phishing attack and some recent examples
- Ransomware – what is a ransomware attack
- Other case studies of high-profile security breaches – Channel Nine, JBS Foods, NSW Dept of Education
- What are your obligations, regulatory and government cybersecurity requirements – Notifiable Data Breach Scheme & Security of Critical Infrastructure Act
- Data governance – Questions Boards and Audit and Risk Committees need to be asking of management
- Improving your cybersecurity – your staff are the first line of defence, what to look out for, how you can protect your business
Who should attend?
Board Directors, CEOs, CIOs, COOs, IT managers, risk managers and other leaders wanting to ensure cyber security in their aged care organisation.
Date: Tuesday 17 August
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm (NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC, TAS)
1:30pm – 3:00pm (SA, NT)
12:00pm – 1:30pm (WA)
$49.00 incl GST ACSA Members (aged care providers only)
$69.00 incl GST Non Members (aged care providers only)
Online registrations for this event are now closed.
Please contact the ACSA Events team via email to register or with any questions.
*Please note that Google Chrome is the best web browser to support this website
*Please use +/- to update ticket numbers
To view our Events and Education Terms & Conditions please click here.
- Event Code