- This event has passed.
In recent times, we have seen the NSW Government relax some of the COVID-19 related restrictions in our community. In the aged care sector in NSW, we have seen:
- A statement from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) to update residential aged care facilities about minimising the impact of COVID-19;
- A new Public Health (COVID-19 Aged Care Facilities) Order (No 2) 202, gazetted by the NSW Government on 22nd June, and
- The introduction of an Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes During COVID-19.
And, from July 2020, every Commonwealth subsidised residential aged care service will have a Service Compliance Rating in the ‘Find a Provider’ section of the My Aged Care website. The rating will allow consumers to access and compare easy-to-understand information on the quality of residential aged care services, supporting more informed decision-making.
ACSA will be hosting an online forum for NSW Members on Thursday 2 July. We will be joined by:
- James Broughton, Acting Director, Aged Care, Health & Social Policy with the NSW Ministry of Health,
- Zamir Yusuf, Director, Aged Care Regulation and Risk with the Commonwealth Department of Health and
- Derek Dittrich, Senior Manager, Strategic Policy with ACSA.
Facilitated by: Anna-Maria Wade, State Manager NSW, ACSA
Our speakers will provide overviews of their respective areas (in the context of the points highlighted above) and we encourage you to submit questions in advance of the forum by way of email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Thursday 2 July 2020
Time: 1.00pm – 2.00pm AEST
Cost: Free for NSW ACSA members only
*Please note that Google Chrome is the best web browser to support this website
*Please use +/- to update ticket numbers